The newest program in FIRST introduces the youngest students to the exciting worlds of science and technology. Just like FLL, this program features a real-world challenge to be solved by research, critical thinking, and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, students work with LEGO robot-game bricks and moving parts to create solutions and present them for review.
Junior FIRST LEGO League (Jr.FLL) captures young children’s inherent curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult Coaches, teams use LEGO® bricks to guild a model that moves and develop a Show-Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Children ages 6 to 9 get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components.
- Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills.
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists.
- Discover real-world math and science.
- Begin developing teamwork skills.
- Choose to participate in events and celebrations.
- Engage in team activities guided by Jr.FLL Core Values.
On the picture: Paquito, our VEX robot who helps our mentors to teach the young students to participate and have fun in this competition.